Hi everybody! I wanted to share this DIY project with you today. This is for all of you who are trying to make the best out of your rental places without investing too much money in it.
I hated my cabinets from the moment I first layed my eyes on them. They were old and broken and looked tired overall. Painting them over wouldn’t probably helped me out there. Also my kichen is very dark so I wanted something to reflect the light a little better. The outcome isn’t perfect and I need to do some bits over, but I was really exited to share the idea with you right away. Cuz it’s so simple and fun.
Also forgive me for the pictures are odd looking dark and low quality. I took the pictures during day time, I tried with and without the flash, with and without the lamp. Nothing really worked well enough, but here they are anyway.
I printed out a bunch of recepies, attached them onto the cabinet doors with a glue stick and covered them all over with a clear sticker, the one you can use to cover up your notebooks and books for school usually. Can somebody help me out and say how do you really call this thing in english? Do you have a special word? I think it cost me about 4 euros in total and had some extra even left over.
Used all the jars I’ve been collecting for storageing tea and finished them off with very simple labels. Also put sugar in one of the bigger ones and painted the cocoa box white to reuse it – now it’s a nest for the buckwheat.
Cleaned up one wine bottle and changed the cork with one of these alcohol pouring nozzles you usually see in the bars and I believe I got myself one simple but yet so nice oil bottle. Sure looks better than a original oil plastic bottles on my kitchen counter.
Make use for those jars sitting in the corner – storage for smaller things.
As I wrote earlier I need places to put stuff so I turned couple of jars little bit happier and voila
I painted the yellow one from the inside and white one outside. Gonna make more of these for sure.
Today my kitchen clock got a makeover. It needed a change badly, cuz it was just getting me upset every time I laid my eyes on it.
So here’s what I did..
I covered the clock with an acrylic white paint for … well about 5 times I think. Here’s how it looked like after first two.
And for the background I used an old map. Cut it with the help of the glass covering the clock to get the right size and glued the map onto the old background.
And this is how it looks like now. Made sure this little number 4 fits right where a 4 should be, and that’s that.
Time just flies by when I’m cooking dishes from all over the world.